Thursday, March 29, 2007

Buddha!



We discussed how Buddha was sheltered from sickness, old age, and death from the time when he was a baby. That really makes me sad. I mean I know that it isn't good to want anything bad to happen to other people, but it's life literally. I mean we all search for this deeper meaning and I won't say that I'm exempt from that criteria. I just don't think that we should want the world to be a perfect peaceful place. It never has been even from the beginning. The world started when the gods defeated the titans! I mean really people... the Buddha being sheltered is a pile of crap! Finally he went out and saw the world and that is how he became enlightened or at least that is how I understand the story. I just get really angry that all these people want world peace and they don't see a need for any violence. EARTH to the world!!!! It's here... heartache, depression, illness, death, violence, and murder. We live around it everyday. There is no shelter from it. Sorry buddha, but I'm glad that you finally saw the light!

A little more info on Buddhism from WIKI! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddha
I'm a little partial to the big fat laughing buddha, but that's just me. It just proves that even if you're enlightened and know the not so great stuff exists in the world you can still be happy!

No comments: